Thursday, August 9, 2012

This is the way we live...

Chad and I have been recently addicted to the TV series True Blood. We've been renting the episodes from the shopette on base. In the last week and half, we've watched the first 3 seasons. I love spending my nights cuddled up with Chad on the couch watching TV. It's one of our favorite things to do! The only down side is that I haven't had a good night's sleep since we've moved into our house because every night I have vampire nightmares! One night someone bit a chunk of my skin off and then last night one of my friends was on V (vampire blood, which is used as a drug in the show). It's crazy!

Yesterday, I went to a Heartlink class on base. Heartlink is a class for military spouses who want to learn more about the Air Force and the resources that are on base. It was very informative and fun! I had a good time. I'm glad that my friend Krista invited me to go with her. We were suppose to have lunch at the General's house but they were out of town or something! I think that would have been cool to have lunch at the General's house with the General's wife. I told my Mom that and she told me it reminded her of Army Wives! lol

Heartlink was held at the Airman Family Readiness Center, which is the same place that the loan closet is at. So before we left, I asked if they had anything in their loan closet and they did! We now have pots and pans to cook with. It makes me happy that we don't have to go out and buy new ones while we wait for ours to come. It makes cooking easier!

The only other thing that I have really been doing is collecting coupons. Being overseas, we are allowed to use expired coupons up to 6 months past the expiration date. I found this group on Facebook of other couponers in Okinawa. People will send big boxes of coupons over here and they distribute any coupons that they don't need. We can send mail to other people's boxes on the island for free so that makes it easy to distribute the coupons. I've gotten quite a few envelopes full of coupons in my mailbox. Chad laughs every time I get one in the mail, but he won't be laughing when I save us a bunch of money! I'm going to get a binder to put all my coupons on in so I can be all organized when I go to the store. I'm going to be a crazy couponer! ;)

2 comments:

  1. It does sound like Army Wives! Do you have a Hump Bar there?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I told Chad I was going to start a Hump bar!

    ReplyDelete