Sunday, August 12, 2012

Arashi

On Friday, Chad received his blue card which allows him to go off base. This whole time that we were here, Chad wasn't suppose to be going off base at all. Here we are in a new country and we can't even experience it because they have to keep him locked up? I don't like the dumb rules. This blue card allows him to go off base BUT he has a curfew. He has to be in his home by midnight. Awesome.

So on Friday, we went with another couple to Arashi. This is a "ticket restaurant". As soon as you walk in the door, there is a vending machine with all the food options on it. You pick what you want to eat and it spits out a ticket. You give the ticket to a worker and then go pick your seat. As soon as your food is ready, they bring it out to you. I like the concept because then I'm not trying to communicate with the Japanese workers what I want for dinner. But on the other hand, all there were was pictures, there wasn't any English, so I had no idea what I was ordering for dinner. I literally just picked a button that looked somewhat good and prayed that it wasn't seafood! My dish ended up having noodles, pork, egg, and seaweed. It tasted like chicken, it was good! Chad also got some pork and noodle dish. I didn't really like his as much. Overall, it was a good experience and I would go back again! I think I will try one of the rice dishes next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment