Saturday, August 18, 2012

Take me to the Ocean!

So now that we have wheels, we can go explore! I have been waiting to do this ever since we got on this island! Everyone back home wants me to tell them exciting stories but I never have any exciting news since we were always stuck at home. I hope we get to experience some pretty cool things in the near future so I can share them with everyone anxiously waiting back home.

We have been on this island now for a month and we haven't even got to see the ocean up close yet. Around the corner from our house is a very pretty view of the ocean in the distance that we get to see while driving down the road. It has been such a tease to us!


Today, we went to Kadena Marina so that we could finally see the pretty blue water! It was so pretty, we were in awe. It's awesome knowing that we live so close to such beauty! I can't wait to go to a real beach to experience more of it!

After looking at the amazing view, we decided to go to seawall. The seawall has a whole bunch of graffiti on it; it's pretty cool to look at. By the seawall there was a little shack called Sunset Beach Parlor where we got some shaved ice to help us cool down. It was hot outside! Shaved Ice is about the closest thing I have found to a slush on the island so far (mind you, I haven't got to see much). I am missing my slushes from back home; they are my guilty pleasure.

We ate lunch at Dragons, which is the Chinese restaurant that we had ate at before. It was good as usual! We also found a 100 Yen store to look around in. It's similar to a dollar store like we have back home. That's about all we could fit in our day as Chad had to go into work tonight at 6PM. The base is doing an exercise this whole next week, and Chad got assigned the night shift which is 6PM - 6AM. He wasn't too happy about it screwing up his sleep schedule but everyone in his shop says he got lucky to be on the night shift. So he will be gone all night this week and then he'll come home and sleep most of the day. That puts a damper on our sight seeing! In the mean time, I am trying to get my coupons all organized. I bought a binder and some baseball card holders to make an organized coupon binder. I love being organized!


No comments:

Post a Comment