Sunday, August 5, 2012

Frustrations

On Thursday, we moved into our new home. We love it! The government is loaning us furniture until our stuff arrives, so that furniture was in our house when we got here. It is very uncomfortable furniture! The bed is only a full size and it's very hard! I guess I shouldn't complain since it's better than sleeping on the floor but it just makes me want our bed here even more!


Our stuff probably won't arrive until September which seems so far away at this point! I find it very frustrating to have to buy things that we already own but just aren't haven't arrived yet, like towels, shower curtain, dishes, etc. We don't even have a microwave in our house and I'm already very tempted to go buy a cheap one. We made chicken tacos in the crock pot for dinner the other night and then we put the leftovers in the fridge. The next day, I realized the leftovers are useless because we don't have a microwave to warm them up! It kills me to have to go buy a microwave when we already have one sitting on a boat somewhere! There is a loan closet on base at the Family Readiness Center where they will loan you pots, pans, microwaves, etc. to get you by until your stuff arrives. I went there the other day and they didn't have a single thing to loan out! Right now is PCS season, there is a lot of people coming and leaving the island so everyone is needing these essentials.

We still don't have a car and it's becoming very frustrating to me. We went to the dealership and picked out the car that I wanted. Then we find out that we can't get it right then because Chad doesn't have his license. I have my license, but Chad needs his in order to have the car in his name. The car has to be in my sponsor's name for whatever reason. Chad wasn't able to get his license the same day I got mine and now since he's attending First Term Airmen Classes for 2 weeks, he doesn't have time to get his for another couple weeks. The way around this is having a letter signed by an officer in his shop and then taking it to a different base to have it OKed. But with Chad having to be at the First Term Airmen Center this week and not at his shop, it has been almost impossible to get done! I hate depending on other people to give us rides! Several people have offered to give us rides to where ever we need to go until we can get a car, which we have had to take them up on their offer to go to the BX and Commissary. I'm grateful for these kind people, but I just want a damn car of my own already!

No comments:

Post a Comment