Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I was so excited to pass out candy to the trick or treaters at my house this year! I had saw that other people posted online that in past years, they had ran out of candy. So reading this, I decided to stock up! I was feeling a little festive on Halloween, so I pulled out my western gear and dressed up a little bit. Sadly, I did all this for practically nothing. We had 7 trick or treaters come to our house. 3 were my neighbor kids who live in the same complex, 1 kid who didn't even have a costume, 1 infant, and 2 Japanese kids. I was pretty disappointed in the turn out! It sounds like our whole neighborhood was a bust. It didn't help that every other house on our road is sitting empty so I'm sure most people didn't even bother coming down. I guess the more popular places to go on base is the officer housing, go figure. The Japanese locals don't really celebrate Halloween. I think some of them do just because of all the Americans here but most don't participate. The local kids were able to come trick or treating on base if they had an American sponsor them on. I'm sure that's fun for them to do especially if it's their first time! I am not even sure if the two Japanese kids that came to my house were actual Japanese or just Asian Americans lol but for the sake of being in Japan, I'm going with Japanese who knew how to speak English :)

Myah waiting for the trick or treaters

So now I have over 4 pounds of candy leftover. I really don't need it sitting here for me to eat. I'm sure Chad will eventually eat it all. I did see a place on base where we could donate Halloween candy. I might consider doing that since Chad really doesn't need to eat all of it either! Now that Halloween is over with, we can start thinking Thanksgiving and Christmas! My Mom is already having Christmas presents sent to us, so I feel like we need to get a tree ASAP so they can sit under there. It's going to be so hard to have to look at gifts for over a month but she wanted to make sure they got here in time!

This is 2 houses on base that are connected who decorated their houses together

No comments:

Post a Comment