Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Goodbye October!

Last week was the big base inspection and it sucked. I felt so bad for Chad. He was working 12 hour night shifts all week that usually ended up being longer than 12 hours. Wednesday night he worked for 13 hours, came home and went to bed at 7AM. I woke him up at 11AM because he wanted to go with me and Myah to her vet appointment. We got home about 12:30 and as we're making lunch, he gets a call that he needs to report to work. He was getting called in to to fill for Security Forces. He gets there and I guess after sitting around for a bit while the people are trying to make a schedule, finds out he will be working 4pm-4am. Welllll... it was about 3PM when he found this out and then he couldn't even leave to come home because the base exercise was in "high security" at that point which means nobody could go anywhere. From the sounds of it, he sat around until later that evening where then he was put out to guard the flight line. Long boring story short, he didn't get home until 9:30AM the next day! He practically worked a 20 hour shift after working the night before and only getting 4 hours of sleep. I felt so bad for him! Only in the military is it legal for them to let you work that long of a shift, especially without access to food or even a bathroom! Since he worked for so long that night, he didn't have to go into work that night which meant he got a 3 day weekend, so that was pretty nice after that horrible week! Here is a video that Kadena Air Base posted online that shows Chad working:



Myah and I had a lot of bonding time while Chad was working those long hours. I took her for a 2 mile walk every night. She enjoys going for walks! She had to go to the vet on Thursday to get her second set of shots and her microchip. She did really well at the vet. I'm glad Chad was there because he kind of bear hugged to keep her still while they were poking her. I thought from having the shots, she would act a little drowsy and tired at night but she was the same pup ready to go for her walk! I took her in the car for the first time by myself. I was kind of nervous that she would be all over the car or want to sit in my lap while driving but she was surprisingly calm. She sat in the back seat the entire time just staring out the window. I was impressed! She loves going on car rides now! We took her to the beach for the first time on Friday night. She was scared of the water! I want to take her to the dog park sometime soon because I know she's dying to play with other dogs or just get out and run.




I feel like I've been interviewing for a lot of jobs lately! I don't want to go in to a ton of detail since this is a public blog, but I feel like I've been getting better at my interviews each time I go. I did get offered one job, but the day before the offer, I had interviewed for a better position and I felt like the interview went really well. I didn't want to accept a job and then possibly give up a better opportunity for me, so I politely declined. It made me feel good that I was offered a job since all I feel like I am doing is interviewing and going no where. I am not in desperate need of a job but it would be nice to have. I hope whatever job I do end up at, that they are flexible with leave time. I'm nervous that our family will come to visit and I won't be able to take time off or I won't be able to take time off to go home. That's really the only thing holding me back from getting a job, well that and no one has offered me the "right" one yet!

Tonight is Halloween. We will be passing out candy! Hopefully we get some trick or treaters so I have something to write about in my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment