Saturday, October 20, 2012

Snapshots

This week is the big base inspection so Chad has to work 12 hour night shifts for the week. He started today, Saturday, going in to work at 6pm and he'll come home at 6am. It makes for lonely nights and lots of complaints from the husband! I'm hoping this is the last week for awhile that he'll have to change up his shift, but you never know with the military! I don't really have much to write about so I thought I would do something a little different. I have a few pictures from my phone that I have taken but have never uploaded them to Facebook (where most of my blog readers come from). I may have uploaded them to Instagram - so if you're not following me on there, you're missing out! I thought I would post them here to clear out my phone and not clog up my Facebook wall :)


These first pictures were our dinner at Mike's Tex Mex. We tried this Mexican place out a few weeks ago. It's making me hungry just looking at the pictures. I had the sour cream chicken enchiladas, they were really good! I didn't like the beans, I think they tasted like perfume as weird as that may be! I actually read a review before going that said someone thought they tasted like perfume and that's the first thing that came to my mind when I tasted them too! Bleh! I don't remember what Chad got but whatever he had, he liked it as well. A great thing about this restaurant is their yen rate is extremely high. The yen rate is always changing but usually when we withdraw from an ATM, it's 77¥ = $1. Well at this place, they have an exchange rate off 90¥ = $1, so that means our dollar is worth more here! We haven't gone back here since we went but I'm sure we'll go back one day!


These are some Sprite bottles that we saw in a Japanese grocery store. I thought they were cool so I snapped a picture! The first bottle shows one side and the other bottles show the opposite side of the bottles. I like them! In case you're wondering, it tastes the same as the Sprite we all know.


One day, Chad I went to this restaurant called Pizza In. We've seen it several times as it is right outside of the base. It's a pizza buffet (they have a menu of other food items but we opted for the buffet). The pizza was actually pretty decent. They kept bringing out all different kinds. Chad brought me a slice of what we thought was broccoli and ranch pizza but after biting it we discovered it had some kind of seafood on it and probably tarter sauce. Ick! On the right is a slice of what Chad and I called "Hamburger & French Fries Pizza". We think it's what the Japanese think Americans eat on our pizza because it had ketchup, mustard, beef, ham, and potatoes on it. I had a bite of Chad's piece and it really wasn't that bad! What a crazy pizza though!


This picture is actually from today. We went to a Japanese grocery store and we found these. We think it's Pokemon sushi but we're not sure! It was kind of cool and unique though!


I wish Myah didn't have Alien eyes in this picture because it would be a good one! At times she can be a big cuddle monster. Sometimes all she wants you to do is rub her belly, if she doesn't get what she wants then she'll start biting your hands. It can be annoying! She now knows the meaning of NO though, so as soon as we say it, she stops biting... for a few minutes at least lol. She has caught on fairly quickly to learning some tricks. She knows how to sit, lay, and shake! I want to teach her how to roll over next. She's done a pretty good job at potty training. I know I am going to say this and she'll have an accident tonight but lets pray that she doesn't. It has been kind of annoying though because she has gotten up at like 2AM and is scratching at our bedroom door because she has to go potty. I guess I rather her wake me up than go in the house but I'm hoping she doesn't make this a nightly habit!


I literally just took this picture because it makes me laugh. At one time this was Myah's toy chicken. Now it's a murdered chicken. She keeps tearing it to pieces. Each time I see it, more of it has been demolished. Poor chicken! I'm glad she chews on her toys and not our furniture though! We're going to have to find her a new favorite toy soon!

Well that's all the pictures I have for tonight. I think this was a good idea and a great way to get those random pictures off my phone. I'll have to do it again in the future! I take pictures of the most random funny things we see but only half of them actually make it on my Facebook. Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment