Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mid-November Update

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week already! Where is the time going?? Chad and I will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner for ourselves this year. Usually we're surrounded by family and delicious food, so that will be a little different! I hope I can make my Grandma's mashed potatoes like she does because that's what I'll miss the most! Well.. and family :) I bought a small little turkey today for us to cook; I'm kinda excited to see how it turns out!

Since I haven't updated in 2 weeks, I'm trying to think of all the exciting things that have happened. Well for one, I got a job! I'm not sure when I will start it yet, as I have to fill out a bunch of paperwork and get an extensive background check done but I will doing clerical work at the base's Youth Center. I've always done clerical work and I actually like it, so I'm pretty excited to start working again!

We've been taking Myah to the dog park a lot. She loves it there! She's like the perfect size where she can hang with the big dogs but she can also play with the small ones too and not be overwhelming. I like it! She likes to chase the dogs all around. The nights that we don't take her, I think she begs us to go because she always gets really antsy at night time. I told Chad, I wonder if she thinks when the two of us leave if we go to the dog park without her. Haha! She's been doing really well though. She did chew up Chad's shoe.. actually twice. That's really the only bad thing that she has done. Thankfully she didn't get too far into the shoe so both are still wearable.

We were going to foster a dog last weekend through the same organization that we got Myah from. This organization adopts dogs from the local kill shelter and then places them in foster homes to be adopted by military members and their families. When I saw this dog, Layla, on Facebook looking for a foster home, it pulled at my heart strings for some reason. The dog was another young black lab mixed that looked just like Myah! Before the dogs leave the shelter, they get spayed/neutered, well Friday when Layla was getting spayed, she passed away :( They think she had an allergic reaction to the anesthetic. So that was sad.

On Monday, Chad and I went bought our first artificial Christmas tree. I couldn't wait to put it up! My Mom has already sent all her Christmas gifts to us, so I needed a tree to put them under. I feel silly putting up my tree before Thanksgiving, but I love it! I told Chad that I want to keep the tree up all year, it's so pretty sitting in our living room! I got the last batch of boxes today that my Mom sent, so now our under our tree looks even more amazing! Chad and I need to finish up our Christmas shopping for our families so that we can get those gifts sent out! I am excited for Christmas! I wish I could be home for Christmas, but I love that my Mom sent us gifts so that we can feel like we're home. I'm sure we'll Skype while we're opening them too, so that will be cool! Technology is really amazing these days!



No comments:

Post a Comment