Sunday, September 23, 2012

Garlic, Garlic, Garlic!

On Saturday evening, we tried out a new restaurant. Does it seem like we're always eating? It's because we are! I swear it's one of the only things to do around here! I won't be able to lose any weight until we try out all the good restaurants! Haha! We went to Arin Krin aka The Garlic Restaurant. We were able to walk right in and get a table. I guess usually it's such a busy place that people make reservations. We got lucky! After ordering, our food came super fast too! All the portions are smaller, so we were told to order several things to share. We ordered the garlic pizza, garlic fried rice, and fried garlic. The garlic pizza was amazing! I could eat that all day! The garlic fried rice was good but not as good as Arashis garlic fried rice. I didn't really care for the fried garlic. It was kind of blah! I would definitely go back and get the garlic pizza again and try something else off their menu. They have tons of dishes to choose from all made with garlic! Our breath sure did smell nice as we left that restaurant.


Sunday was more of an adventurous day. I am looking for things to decorate our house with, so we went to find this home furnishing store called Nitori. It's known as the Ikea of Okinawa. To get to it, we had to take a road that we hadn't been on before, so that was cool to see a new part of the island. It wasn't too hard to find either! I was kind of disappointed though, since they didn't have a lot of house decorations there. I didn't find anything that I liked or what I did find was expensive. Right next door is a place called Sports Depot, so we decided to check that out. It reminded me of a Dick's Sporting Goods like we have back home. They had name brand stuff like Adidas, Uunder Armour, Nike, etc. I like finding new places! After that, we headed to Navel Kadena to check out the stores there. I was on a hunt for picture frames today, but sadly didn't find any that were too appealing. There is a fish market at Navel Kadena where we saw some pretty interesting things. I wonder how you're suppose to cook some of this stuff!


I had chicken ranch tacos in the crockpot for dinner, so we headed home after looking in all the stores at Navel Kadena. This was a new recipe that I tried out, usually we make chicken salsa tacos in the crockpot. They were delicious, but not as delicious as my chicken salsa tacos! :) Once our stomachs were full, we headed to Foster (the Marine base down the road) to see where I need to go for my job interview next week. I drove this time, and if you've been following my blog, you will know this is one of the first times I have drove off base. The drive went much smoother this time, no almost accidents! Thank God! I am becoming more comfortable driving off base... I kinda need to be since I have to do it without Chad to get to my interview! After finding the building I will need to go to, we checked Foster's PX to see if they had any different picture frames than our BX but of course they didn't. I guess I will just have to order them online! On our way back to Kadena, we stopped at the Blue Seal Ice Cream place. I see this Ice Cream shop every time we go somewhere and I always want to stop! I was driving this time, so I made sure we stopped :) I'm glad we did because it was really good ice cream! We took a short walk while we ate our ice cream and then we headed home. You would think we'd be tired out from all our running around but the night doesn't stop there. I changed my clothes and we were out the door for an evening stroll. We haven't really taken a walk since we got a car, before that we were walking all over the base (we didn't really have a choice!). It was nice to get out and walk again plus the weather is almost perfect walking weather these days. Not too hot and definitely not cold. We walked all around our neighborhood and then across the main road to Washington Heights and all through that neighborhood. We walked pretty far. I'm a creep but I like looking in people's houses at night to see how they have it decorated. Yes, I just admitted that. Close your blinds people or I'll be peeping! :)

Now we're finally home just relaxing on the couch! Chad is playing his Call of Duty while I'm on the computer. Seems that's usually how our nights go!

No comments:

Post a Comment