Friday, September 21, 2012

Ferris Wheel

We haven't done a whole lot this week but I am feeling the need to write a blog post because I don't have much else to do at the moment!

On Tuesday we went to American Village to ride the ferris wheel. We've been wanting to do this for awhile now but just haven't found the time. We wanted to ride it while the sun was setting in hopes of getting some good pictures! Unfortunately, the sunset on Tuesday wasn't very pretty. It was still fun and cool to see Okinawa at a birds eye view!

I had my first cheerleading practices on Monday & Thursday night this week. They went well! We're just teaching the girls the basics for now. I know it's kind of boring for the girls but good basics means a good routine later on!

On Thursday morning, I attended my first Turbo Kick class at the gym on base. I have been doing Turbo Fire, an at home workout program, for about 40 days now. Turbo Fire is the at home version of the fitness class they have at many gyms called Turbo Kick. It is different from what I have been doing but the basic moves are the same. I would have been LOST if I had not done Turbofire or Turbojam before. It's an upbeat cardio kickboxing class. It was a lot of fun! I am glad I tried it out. I think I'll be going every Thursday from now on just to switch up from my normal routine. I'm sure I burn a lot more calories when I take a live class because I feed off from the energy of those around me.

Also on Thursday, I received a call for a job interview! It's for a youth program assistant position. I'm kind of nervous, I haven't interviewed for a job in like 3 years! The interview is next Tuesday, so I'll let you know how it goes!

My friend Krista informed me that I could sign up for Rosetta Stone at the library, so I went one day this week to get signed up! The best part is that it is free! So now I am using it to learn Japanese! It's hard! The first day I was using it, I was cracking myself up. They say a phrase and then you have to speak it back. When I really listened to what was coming out my mouth, I couldn't help but laugh! I've learned some basic words so far but I still have a long way to go. I hope by the end of the program, I'll be able to at least understand some Japanese!

So now it's Friday night and I have nothing better to do but write a blog post... pretty lame. Chad and I went out to dinner tonight but we really didn't know what do after so we just came back home. Sometimes those are the best nights though! I'm sure we'll do some adventuring this weekend that I will blog about later!

1 comment:

  1. Haha yes my name made the blog! Yeah I understand what you mean about not knowing what to do. Seems like you can just eat on this island or go to bars. Stinks!

    ReplyDelete