Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Christmas in September!

I have been checking Chad's email periodically since the beginning of September praying for an email from TMO saying our stuff is ready to be delivered. I even emailed the moving company who packed our stuff to see if they were able to track it - they never did respond, thanks a lot! On Friday morning, there was finally an email saying our stuff had arrived in Okinawa! I immediately called them to schedule a delivery date. The soonest they could deliver it was Monday. We were anxious all weekend for our stuff to finally be here. The loaner bed that we had been sleeping on seriously sucks. I haven't had one good nights sleep since I got here!

We weren't told a time that the movers would be here, we just knew that it would be sometime on Monday. We had just gotten done eating breakfast and our doorbell rang! YAY! Not even 2 minutes later and they were already moving things into our place. When the packers packed all our stuff up, they put stickers with numbers on the outside of the boxes. Now that they are unpacking our stuff, the movers were calling off the numbers and we would have to check the number off a list noting that it had arrived. It was kind of stressful because there were 4 guys calling off numbers from every direction in their Japanese accent. "Did you say 124 or 134?' And then at the same time, they were asking which room we wanted the boxes in. Chad was better at understanding them than I was, so I let him check off the numbers and I delegated where the boxes went. Everything went quickly and smoothly! All of our stuff made it with no noticeable damage. We are very happy with how our move went!

The only downside is that we still have all this loaner furniture (bed, dressers, couch, end tables, kitchen table) that isn't getting picked up until Thursday. It makes it hard to organize stuff when all of that is in the way! We spent all day Monday unpacking and putting things together. Chad left for work at 5:30 on Monday night and I spent the evening getting everything out of the boxes. It really did feel like Christmas when I was unpacking since everything was wrapped with paper. It was always a surprise what it was that I was unwrapping! I am so thankful that we only has 2100 pounds of stuff because unpacking is very tedious and stressful for me! I want everything to be in its place, not just scattered or thrown in a closets. My goal is to leave the island with under 3000 pounds of stuff in 3 years. Think I can do it? :)

Now that our house is filled with stuff, Chad and I both agreed that we were starting to like our empty house. There wasn't much to clean! We do love having OUR stuff with us though. It makes our place feel more like home! Last night was the first night in our bed and it was amazing! I feel like I died and went to heaven when I lay on our bed especially after sleeping on a rock the past 2 months. And our new couch is wonderful too! I can't wait to start decorating this place and hanging things on the wall! I will post pictures of our put together home once the loaner furniture is gone and I have some decorations up!

No comments:

Post a Comment