Saturday, September 15, 2012

Month 2 in Review

I wanted to try to recap Month 2 like I previously did for Month 1. Lets see how I do...
  • Having a car is amazing!
  • Each of us having our own car is even more amazing!
  • We survived our first real typhoon!
  • I've learned as soon as someone mentions the word typhoon, the line for the commissary is wrapped around the store. People aren't just buying 1 or 2 things, they have like carts full. Don't these people buy groceries other than when a typhoon comes?
  • We've discovered more huge spiders, thankfully no more have been in our house
  • The aquarium here has the most awesome huge fish tank that I could sit and stare at all day
  • They grow delicious pineapple on the island, especially at Pineapple park!
  • Don't buy a pineapple at the commissary unless you think it's worth $7! At one point in my life, it took me over an hour to make $7 at work!
  • Last month, we had watched the first 5 seasons of True Blood. We have now watched 5 seasons of Lost!
  • I love going to the beach at night to watch the sunset
  • The BX is like our second home, we make a trip there at least every other day if not everyday
  • Chad and I are all stocked up on shampoo, conditioner, and toilet paper for awhile now thanks to my couponing skills.
  • We think we're getting used to the humidity. I don't sweat every time I walk out the door now.
  • Chad is officially addicted to the Chinese restaurant, Dragons.
  • I miss my fresh water beaches! Salt water sucks!
  • Even though we live on an island, water shoes are not easily accessible.
  • We went snorkeling for the first time since we've been here. I see many snorkel trips in our future.
  • Our bed is heaven compared to the loaner bed we slept on for 2 months!
  • The internet on base sucks! There is only one internet provider so we have no other choice. We pay for the most expensive package, yet it's still slow. Today it didn't work all day. If you call them, you will be on hold forever and waste all your cellphone minutes. 
  • Don't take 58 all the way north if you have concrete plans, because you may get stuck in traffic!
  • It rains at least once a day on the island, even if it's only for 2 minutes. It still rains everyday. 
  • Mexican food is not the same here as it is back home. This makes me sad!
  • I love doing puzzles. I've put together 3 in the last month!
  • Finally having all of our stuff here is nice, but we were just starting to like the fact that we had nothing here to make clutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment