Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Time

December has been a pretty uneventful month for us! Chad's squadron was put on lock down for about a week and half because a couple Airman in his squadron got in trouble for an alcohol related incident. Since tensions are so high between the Americans and the Japanese right now, anything alcohol related gets your squadron put on lock down. This means that nobody in the squadron was allowed off base unless you were going to eat. I thought it was pretty nice of them to even allow them to go off base and eat. That made the lock down less painful! We've been under all sorts of crazy restrictions lately. Well I guess I shouldn't say we, really it only applies to the service members but I still feel like I'm being restricted! For awhile there they weren't allowed to purchase alcohol after 10PM on or off base. That just got lifted this last week though. They still have a 11PM curfew and are not allowed to drink in off base establishments. The purpose of these restrictions is to show the Japanese that we can be responsible. There are always going to be a few bad apples in a bunch though!

Last night, Chad and I attended his work's Holiday Party. It was a pretty fun time! They served us a delicious dinner and even had money on the bar, so the free drinks were nice! They were playing all sorts of entertaining games. Chad and I didn't partake in any but it was fun to watch! One game was like the show Fear Factor. They had to drink squid ink and eat nasty stuff. One thing they ate was an egg with an undeveloped bird inside. Disgusting! I'm glad I wasn't up there but it was fun to see the people who were brave enough to try it! Haha! They also gave away lots of prizes. It would have been nice to have won of the door prizes, maybe next year! :) The party was Las Vegas theme so they had Roulette, Black Jack, and Poker tables set up to play at. That was pretty cool. Overall, it was a fun night out of the house!

Today is Christmas Eve here in Japan! Usually I would be attending Christmas at my Grandma Cogswell's, but instead Chad and I are just hanging out. I am going to miss all the traditional things that we usually do with family. Tonight, at 10PM our time, we're going to Skype with my family and open all the presents that my Mom sent. I think I am more excited for them to open what we sent them! I can't wait :) I also can't wait to open all the presents that have been sitting under my tree for oh so long! Even though I won't be there on Christmas morning to open presents, I'm happy that technology allows us to still enjoy the time together in a sense. Tomorrow morning, we'll wake up and open presents via Skype with Chad's family. We bought all the fixings to make a Christmas dinner, so I look forward to that as well!

Merry Christmas all! I hope your holiday is filled with family, gifts, and happiness! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment