Sunday, July 22, 2012

We made it!



After a long 24 hours of traveling, we finally made it to Japan! We flew out of Dallas, TX to Chicago on Wednesday morning. By the time we made it to Chicago, our flight to Toyko was already boarding! I wish we would of had a little longer layover just to have time to stretch our legs and walk around a little bit. We were one of the last people to board the plane and I had a row of 3 seats all to myself! Chad ended up moving by me; it was nice to have a row of seats to ourselves so we could lay down. I was hoping to sleep on the plane but I could not get comfortable, so I barely got any rest during the 11 hour plane ride. They played movies and TV shows the entire time. They fed us 2 meals, a snack, and constantly were offering water to us. It really wasn't as bad of a flight as I thought it was going to be. When we got to Toyko, the airport was crazy! There were people running around everywhere, we had to fill out these custom forms, and everything was just a mess. It was crazy to figure out what we needed to do. We also had to pick up our bags from baggage claim and recheck them. We had 8 bags total, so it was not fun dragging them through the airport! Finally, we got through all the checkpoints we needed to get through and we had to wait about an hour for our final flight to Naha to leave. At this point, I was soo exhausted! When the plane took off, I put the tray table down in front of me, laid my head on it and fell asleep within minutes. After our last 3 hour flight, we were in Naha! Our sponsor picked us up from the airport and took us to the base, where we checked into our hotel. It was 10:30PM on Thursday evening and we were ready for bed!




No comments:

Post a Comment