Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trying New Things

On Sunday night, our sponsor family took us out to dinner at CoCo's Curry. I've never had curry before, let alone Japanese curry. It was actually really good! I guess it's a really popular restaurant around here. Before we had gone, several people had recommended that we go there! After dinner, we went to check out the PX on Foster. It was pretty much a smaller version of the one on Kadena. When we got home, it was around 9 or 10PM and we were ready for bed! We're still trying to adjust our bodies to the time change. 




Chad had to go in to work at 6:30AM on Monday. We still don't have a car yet, so that leaves me stuck in the hotel all day. Let me tell you, it gets pretty boring just sitting here. I am able to skype my family back home in the morning which is really nice! But once everyone in the states goes to bed, there isn't much to do! We only have a few American stations on the TV in the hotel and of course there was nothing good on. Chad and a guy from his shop picked me up for lunch. I had already ate so I just went a long for the ride. We went to a place called Sukiya. I am not sure what it was called that Chad ordered, but it was a bowl of rice, beef, and cheese. It was pretty good! We also tried miso soup. It tasted a little too fishy for me! Later that night, our sponsors came and picked us up again to take us to American Village. I really like that place! It's a cute area full of different shops and a huge ferris wheel! It was fun to see at night, everything was all colorfully lit up! We went into the Sega building which is a huge arcade. It was pretty cool! After walking around there for a bit, we went to a chinese restaurant called Dragons. Chad and I both ordered the sweet and sour chicken. I don't like the sweet and sour chicken that I have ate back in the states, but this was delicious! They gave you so much food too! They had an area where you took your shoes off and sit on the floor to eat, but those tables were all taken so we sat at a normal one. It was a really fun night, especially after being stuck in the hotel all day! 


We should know more about our housing situation within the next couple days. They will give us 2 options for housing and then we have a day to tell them which one we want. I am unsure how soon after that we get to move in... hopefully soon! Tomorrow, Chad & I will go to the newcomers briefing and hopefully get our drivers license!

No comments:

Post a Comment