Friday, July 13, 2012

About to Set Sail!

I haven't updated my blog in over a month! I really hope to get better at it when I'm over in Okinawa so I can share my experiences with family and friends! My husband and I start our adventure next Tuesday... that's only 5 days from today! I can't even believe it! Today, the movers came to our house and packed all our household goods up. They brought their own boxes and material and packed everything up that we wanted to send with us. It was pretty nice! It only took them a total of 3 hours to pack all of our stuff up. We don't have a whole lot as we are still newlyweds. I'm interested to see how much more stuff we have when we return 3 years from now!

We were told we would get 2 shipments, an express shipment that would be flown by plane and then the bigger shipment of our household goods that ships by boat. Somehow we got screwed out of the express shipment! I was pretty bummed about it at first, but there's nothing we could really do at this point. Our stuff should be there no later than September... pray that it's earlier! Chad and I both have 2 suitcases each that we'll be living out of until our stuff arrives in Okinawa!

Not a whole lot has been going on. My husband is home on leave so we've just been spending time with family and friends. We are getting ready for our wedding reception/going away party that will take place this Saturday. I'm excited for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment