Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dentists, Doctors, & Paperwork. Oh my!

Lately, I’ve been trying to get everything done that I need to in order to live overseas. Chad had to priority ship some paperwork to me last weekend so that I could have it in time for my dentist and doctor appointments that I had this week. On Wednesday, I went to the dentist and had a checkup. I don’t have dental insurance, so I had to pay out of pocket for it. That sucked, but it needed to get done. I could of enrolled in the Military’s dental but it wouldn’t of gone into effect until June and I couldn’t wait that long. Luckily, I didn’t have any cavities or anything wrong with my teeth, so I’m good to go there! Then yesterday, I went to the doctors for a physical. I had them fill out all the pages I needed for the medical clearance and I was good to go there. I’m thankful for my health so I don’t have to stress about whether Japan will let me come or not. There is literally nothing wrong with me, so it should not be a problem! I had to get a Tetanus shot yesterday and my arm is sooo sore!

So other than the medical clearance the other piece of the puzzle is to get no-fee passport from the government. This has been the biggest headache. My husband was told that he couldn’t initiate the paperwork for it until I was medically cleared. I talked to other wives who have gone through the same process who said they were able to apply for the passport before they were medically cleared. So after making several phone calls, I finally got the answer that I wanted. Long story short, Chad has an appointment today to (hopefully) initiate the passport paperwork! The rush to get it done is so that I will be able to fly with my husband to Japan. If all my processing isn’t done, then he was told he’d have to fly there and I’d have to fly separately once cleared. I’m trying to get all this done so that doesn’t happen. So say a prayer for me :)

Oh.. also, I’m running a 5k tonight so say a prayer for me for that too. I don’t like running, I don’t even know why I signed up! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment