Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Life Turning Moments

Lately, I've been feeling like I have a crazy life. A year ago, I never imagined my life to be the way it is today. I feel like I need to document it so I can look back on it years from now and remember how I felt during these life changing moments.

After I graduated college, I didn't really know what to do. For the past 21 years, my life had been planned out for me. I always knew what my next step in life was going to be. Leaving middle school, I knew I'd be going to the high school. Graduating from high school, there was no other option for me in my mind than to go to college. I graduated from Michigan State Unviersity in May 2011 with a bachelors in Psychology and after that I had no idea where my life was headed. Most people would probably know their next step in life... use that degree to get a job, duh! Problem is, I don't even know what I want to do. I like psychology, I like helping people but what exactly was my niche going to be? I didn't have a clue... I still don't. Anyways, I applied for a million jobs that would utilize my degree in some way but never heard back from them. A lot of places wanted people with experience... well being fresh out of college, I had little experience besides the internship I had done the previous summer. I ended up landing a position at the same place that I worked at throughout college. This was a relief for me because at least I knew I would have an income! It was around this same time that my fiance, Chad, started exploring options for his future. He attended a technical college after high school and got certifications to work in a Body Shop. He found himself at a dead end job and knew he needed to make some changes. Long story short, he decided to join the Air Force.

I had very very mixed feelings about Chad wanting to join the Air Force. We had been together for the past 7 years at that point, pretty much inseperable. We had no official wedding plans in the future, but I knew we had to get married before he enlisted. It was about time anyways, we had been engaged for 2 years! We decided to do a destination cruise wedding on the beach in Key West, FL. It was the most perfect wedding ever and I would do it all over again if I could! We got married on January 6, 2012.
Chad left for Basic Military Training on February 14, 2012. That's one Valentine's Day that I will never forget! So this started our whole new life. If someone told me I was going to be a Military wife when I was 16 years old, I would of told them they were CRAZY! I never imagined my life to be like this, but it is and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I believe that everything happens for a reason and I continue to embrace that as more life changing moments happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment